What do you need to look for when purchasing a new home?
Purchasing a new home is a fun process, but there are things you need to look for before you make your dream home a reality. Thankfully, Commercial Service has prepared a checklist of common HVAC and plumbing needs new homes often require upon move in.
- Determine age of HVAC unit. If your new home’s HVAC unit is too old, it may not run as efficiently as you’d like, which means it could be more expensive to operate in the long-run. You may consider a furnace tune-up to lower your monthly bill.
- Is the system still under warrenty? To find out if your system is still under a warranty, you may have to contact the company who installed the unit.
- Seal doors and windows. Sealing air leaks around key areas like windows and doorways is one of the least expensive things you can do.
- Are pipes insulated? Water pipe insulation is a relatively inexpensive way to prevent heat loss, save money, and many other benefits for you and your new home.
- Test all faucets/flush all toilets. Check for things like water pressure and if the tank refills properly on the toilet.
Download the complete version of this checklist to access even more items to look for in your new home. This checklist was designed to be printed for your convenience. After reviewing, if you'd like a trained technician inspect your HVAC system or plumbing, give Commercial Service a call at 812-339-9114 or schedule an appointment online.
Submit your email address to receive your checklist.