Installing and repairing your pipes without disrupting your business
One of the most inconvenient and costly setbacks a commercial property can face is pipe damage and repair. Part of what makes pipe problems so challenging for business owners and managers is that it’s difficult to anticipate when a pipe bursting or cracking will occur, so it can be difficult to budget for repairs or new installations, and you have to find a way to repair or install pipes without it disturbing workflow and the customer experience.
Have a heating, cooling, or plumbing problem, but no time to wait for a repairman? Need a second opinion on an existing quote?
We’ll give you free advice about your question or problem. In many cases, you’ll get an estimate or the help you need during the video call.
When it comes to gauging the type of damage your pipes could incur, the cost for commercial pipe repair, and how to choose the best partner for pipe installation and maintenance there are a few questions to consider:
- Where is the pipe located on your property?
- What is the general pipe depth, since certain repair techniques are better suited for deep pipes than others?
- Are there any surface-level obstructions, such as driveways, sidewalks, or foliage?
- Are there any close-proximity utility lines, which may run adjacent to underground pipes and make certain repair options impossible?
- What are the extent of damages and their location within pipes? Is it an isolated break, or a more severe pipe collapse?
- What kind of materials is the pipe made of?
Once you confirm your pipes are damaged and you’re able to answer as many of the above questions you can, you’ll want to start calling around to local plumbers and pipefitters to see which partner is the best for you. Here are some important things to consider when you’re trying to find the right fit for your needs:
Benefits of hiring a plumbing service technician:
- Ensures that drinking water systems and wastewater disposal systems are in working condition and that pipes are delivering quality water and taking away waste in a safe manner.
- For commercial pipes, especially manufacturing industries, pipes require special installation, repair, and maintenance since they’re designed to handle high-pressure materials that can contain hazardous chemicals and gases; a plumbing service technician will have the equipment needed to keep everyone safe.
Desired skills of a plumbing service technician:
- Able to read blueprints of a structure or building.
- Knowledgeable about local building codes and regulations.
- Works with basic types of pipe including copper and PVC found in residences
- Works with high-pressure, specialized pipes. A pipefitter works in industrial facilities such as power plants and factories.1
Your chosen service technician will be able to walk you through the different types of ways to repair pipes based on what you’re looking for and can come up with a plan that is the least disruptive to your business. Some of the most common methods of pipe installation and repair are digging ( or “trenching”) to an absolute minimum (usually the most affordable option), the more traditional dig-and-replace repair method, the use of trenchless liners, and sectional point repair.
Commercial Service works with all types of commercial buildings, and we currently service Cook Medical, Lotus Festival, Mother Bears, Harmony School, Encore Cafe, French Lick, and West Baden. We’re here to help you with any questions you may have and will work with you to provide the best solution for your pipefitting needs.
For additional information, schedule an appointment with our easy Online Scheduling or by calling 812-339-9114.